What type of insurance do you accept?
- I am in network with BCBS PPO and BCBS Blue Choice. Should you wish to forego the use of insurance or if you are out-of-network, the cost per session is $175. I do offer a sliding scale; those options are discussed on an individual basis.
What form of payment to you accept?
- Cash or check (payable to Ashley Jessen, LLC)
How do I schedule an appointment?
- Feel free to email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (773) 492-8411 to make an appointment.
How long is a therapy session?
- Sessions are about 50-55 minutes long.
I’ve never been to therapy before! What should I expect?
- Therapy is an opportunity for you to discuss whatever is on your mind in a secure, confidential space. No topics are off limits. There is no time commitment, although most clients find the most benefit if they find a regular schedule that works for them.
What paperwork must I complete?
- Prior to our first session, I’ll email you some forms to look over and complete in order for us to make the best use our time. The forms including an introductory questionnaire, HIPAA guidelines, and payment policy.
Where are you located?
- My office is located at 458 W. Eugenie in Old Town. The office building is called “Parish Center” as its offices support St. Mike’s just across the street. Please note that while my office is inside the Parish Center, I do not have any affiliation (religious or otherwise) to St. Mike’s.
- There is a FREE parking lot next to the building!
- Closest public transit is the Sedgwick Brown Line or North Avenue bus.
I’m really unsure about starting therapy. Could we talk over the phone first?
- Absolutely! I’m happy to answer any questions or concerns you might have about beginning therapy.
Do you see couples?
- Yes! I’m happy to work with you and your partner/spouse provided I feel I can meet your specific needs as a couple. If I feel that my expertise isn’t what you need, I will offer a referral.
I’m a new parent. Can I bring my baby to session?
- Absolutely! You can feel free to nurse/feed/change as needed.
I’m very close to my due date/very early postpartum. Do you offer phone sessions?
- Yes! Currently I cannot accept insurance for phone sessions, but I do offer them for out-of-pocket fees.